Mortimer Toynbee is a animorph that goes by the alias Toad.
Mortimer was raised in an orphanage where he was teased because of his ugliness and strangeness. This taunting traumatized him and caused him to develop learning disabilities. He also developed a pathetically subservient personality which would make him obey anyone that he thought sincerely cared about him.
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 169 lbs
- Eyes: Black (formerly brown)
- Hair: Brown
- Skin: Green
- Unusual Features: Elongated perhensile tongue, large toad-like eyes
As an Animorph, Mortimer has developed an animal-like physiology, in his case, a frog-like physiology.
- Superhuman Leaping: Mortimer is able to leap extremely high and far distances.
- Flexible Bone Structure: Mortimer's bones allow him to be incredibly flexible and perform contortionist-like feats.
- Superhuman Stamina: Mortimer is able to exert himself for several hours at peak capacity for getting tired.
- Superhuman Agility: Mortimer's equilibrium and coordination is far beyond that of a regular human.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Mortimer's reflexes are far beyond that of regular humans.
- Superhuman Durability: Mortimer is more resistant to physical injury.
- Regeneration: Mortimer can heal from injuries faster than average humans. He can also regrow lost body parts.
- UV/Infrared Vision: Mortimer can see into the ultraviolet and infrared spectrums, allowing him to see at night. However, he has to wear light-filtering goggles that allow him to see in strong daylight.
- Prehensile Tongue: Mortimer can extend his tongue to about thirty feet.
- Pheromone Secretion: Mortimer can secrete odorless pheromonal venom from his tongue that gets into the bloodstream of others. This allows him to control his victims' minds.
- Acidic Saliva: Mortimer's spit is highly acidic and sticks to most surfaces and can dissolve many materials easily.
- Paralytic Resin: Mortimer's pores secret a sticky resin that allows him to stick to surfaces and paralyzes the nervous systems of others.
- Superhuman Respiratory System: Mortimer can hold large quantities of air in his lungs that can be expelled to knock over fully grown human.
- Amphibian Control: He can communicate with and control amphibians.